Entries for MediaConnect’s 2020 IT Journalism Awards, commonly known as the Lizzies, are open.
The coming awards will recognise work published in the 2019 calendar year, with 21 technology journalism awards for both individuals and mastheads.
“The IT journalism community is incredibly important. It’s where our business started, it is helping our society to navigate an increasingly high-tech world, and it’s championing the future of Australia’s economy,” said MediaConnect CEO Phil Sim.
“We’re delighted to bring the awards back in 2020, and trust that the rest of the industry – vendors, IT stakeholders and the PR community – can all join us to help celebrate the best technology journalism and media in Australia.”
Now in its 18th year, the IT Journalism Awards is supported by long-time sponsors Watterson Marketing Communications, and Enex Testlab.
Award categories include:
- Gold Lizzies – recognising the single best journalist and title for the year of 2019.
- Coverage awards – recognising editorial quality by a team of journalists working on a single masthead on a single beat, including best news, consumer technology, business, gaming, and independent coverage.
- Beat awards – recognising individual journalists who demonstrate the greatest skill in delivering content for a particular audience, including consumer technology, industry, business, gaming, telecommunications, security, and technology issues.
- Journalism awards – recognising journalists who excel in different forms of journalism, including news, revews, technical and column formats.
- Media relations award – chosen by IT journalists, and recognises the PR professional who has left a lasting impression by effectively working alongside the media.
Entries must be submitted before midnight on Friday 17 January, with the gala awards presentation being held on Friday 20 March 2020 at Luna Park in Sydney.
Every journalist who submits an entry will be afforded one free ticket to attend the awards ceremony, courtesy of the award’s sponsors.
All categories, judging criteria and entry forms can be found at www.thelizzies.com