At the US Niche CEO Summit a few months ago, niche publishers gathered from all over the country to share best practices and new creative strategies. One hot topic at the roundtables was B2B digital strategies for small niche publishers. We talked about the importance of easy navigation, design, metrics and analytics. Everyone wants to know more about how to generate MORE digital revenue.
So what’s working right now in digital for small publishers? Here are 12 digital revenue ideas to grow your online business.
Here’s a short list of some big ideas:
- Segment with presumptive data by studying what visitors to the site are opening.
- Send out an email regarding a new product launch. Take a 3-pronged approach with editorial release/newsletter/website.
- Create a live event specifically for your super-targeted e-newsletter audience(s).
- Sponsored giveaways work great for lead generation. (Hotels, for example, love the lead generation.)
- Buy lists but be careful.
- Consider re-targeting, hire a digital agency.
- Geo-fence your competitors.
- Does your website revenue average between 10-17 per cent? It should. Now shoot for 25 or 30 per cent!
- Offer exclusive positions on your website and/or banners, limit to 5 max.
- Allow an advertiser to pay to “own” your site for an entire day.
- Regularly audit SEO on the back-end for effectiveness. (Spyfu.com is a good tool.)
- Pair your digital salespeople with your print sales. They can learn so much from each other.
So try one or all 12 of these digital revenue ideas and keep testing out what works best for your niche audience.
P.S. We asked the CEO’s of small B2B’s if any were giving up on print. The answer was a unified, resounding “No Way!” You read it here – publishers are passionate about both their digital AND print products.
2020 Super Niche Media Event registration is open
Headed to the States? Just for niche audience publishers, Super Niche is designed to educate, inspire and connect niche publishers to drive revenue and grow their brand.
The event includes publisher, event, audience development, and ad sales strategies and immediately actionable tactics. Super useful – super fun!
The event will be held from 23-25 March 2020 in San Antonio, Texas, US.
For more information, visit the Super Niche event website.